If you’re wanting a brief run-down of me by the numbers, look no further!
- 32 = years old
- 9 = years married to my wonderful husband, Chris
- 8 = the number of times we’ve moved in those 9 years
- 2 = how many children I have (Joe and Jack)
- 3 = the number of US states I’ve lived in
- 8 = how many years I’ve been blogging
- 3 = the number of countries I’ve lived in
- 1 = how many cups of tea (loose-leaf only, thanks!) I have each morning
- 5 = how many sisters I have
- 4 = how many brothers I have
- 16 = number of nieces and nephews I have
If you’d like a slightly lengthier description of me, then read on…
I started my blog in 2006 as a way to keep in touch with my large family (I’m one of 10 children – we once calculated that this meant my mother had been pregnant for 7 1/2 years, bless her). It grew from there as a way to learn about others, to meet new people, a source for expressing my thoughts and chronicling memories… truly, an online journal.
I’ve met wonderful people through this blog. Some of my closest friendships started out with nothing more than a comment. I’m thankful for those comments, those friends (some near, some far) and the opportunity to grow as a person and step outside my comfort zone.
This blog is a place where I write about what’s on my heart. I share about our family, our travels, my like-dislike relationship with cooking and baking. I use it as a place to work on my photography skills (or lack thereof!) and as a means of hopefully helping others who are going through similar life experiences. One of the things that I’m really proud of with this blog is the way I’ve been able to help other American nurses who were looking to move to New Zealand.
Feel free to look at the top menu bar for posts about traveling in New Zealand, what it was like living there, and my collection of recipes (ever increasing!). I love to hear from readers, so feel free to leave a comment or email me at mrs(dot)practicallyperfect(at)gmail(dot)com.