Driving, Family, Indiana, Jobs, Moving, Notre Dame, Nursing Jobs

Decided on a Moving Date

I’ve notified my nurse manager of my last day of work – Saturday, July 25th! Originally, it was looking like my last day of work would be the end of June, but we were able to get an extension on our lease. The problem with the original lease end date was that none of my family would be around to help us unpack once we got to Indiana (a lot of my family lives in Indiana, in case that wasn’t obvious). In order for them to help, we would have had to move at the end of June, which basically meant paying rent for 2 places for 1 month, plus leaving work a month early. As of now, we’re planning to load everything up on Friday, July 30th and start the drive on Saturday, July 31st. I’m very glad that things worked out the way that they did.

Some other good news is that Mom has offered to fly out to Massachusetts to help and to ride in the car on the way to Indiana. It’s roughly a 16 hour drive, and I wasn’t looking forward to doing it all by my lonesome. Chris would be driving too, of course, but one of us needs to drive the moving van and one of us needs to drive the SUV (with the other car attached to that). We’re planning to make the drive in 1 very long day, so having another person to help switch out and visit with will really help. My younger brother L has also offered to fly out and assist with the move if we need it and if he can get time off work. He’s in the 10th grade right now, so he wouldn’t really be able to drive – just be company for Chris or me and help load the moving van. Still, it’d be great to have both of them out here. I’m hoping that when Mom comes, we’ll have some time to see some of the sites, maybe Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket or Newport.

Now, I just have to nail down a moving truck rental and start accumulating boxes. Oh, and find a place to live. And get a job. Yes, Chris’ post-doc is at Notre Dame, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to live in South Bend. If I can find a better job or transfer to one of my current hospital’s sister campuses out there, then we will probably live in-between SB and whereever I find employment. I’m hoping that a transfer will go through, but I sent in my paperwork 4 weeks ago and have left 2 messages and called 3 times without hearing a word in return. Doesn’t look good. Still, at least I can say I tried and that I’m making progress 🙂
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Post to Twitter

2 thoughts on “Decided on a Moving Date

  1. Good luck with your move. Hope your transfer goes through!

    I am so ready to be done moving. Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck!

    The movers come in 17 days. And then, I have 20 hours of driving after that. Me and the dog. We have some great conversations on the road … on the road again … making music with my friends … I can’t wait to get on the road again …

    (Obviously the packing process is making me delirious!)

Comments are closed.