Chris and I are going to St. Thomas, USVI this January 3rd – 10th for another fabulous In-Law Family Timeshare vacation (past vacations have included the Bahamas, Hawaii, and France, not to mention our honeymoon in Spain). We will be staying at Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove in Charlotte Amalie.
Even though it is a ways off, I still like to entertain myself by imagining things that we’ll do once we get there. Here are some of the things that look fun to me:
1. Bluebeard’s Castle – an historical site dating back to the 1600s that has been turned into a resort, featuring shopping, clubs, restaurants, spas, and other cool things.
2. Scubadu – this is an all-day sail/snorkel trip that my in-laws went on this summer, and they loved it. The crew is supposed to be very nice, it’s a smaller boat so it is not too crowded, and they take you to all sorts of fun places
3. Take the ferry to Water Island – this is a small island off the coast of Charlotte Amalie that does not have cars, cabs, hotels… it is basically a very peaceful spot to walk, sunbathe, or swim, and looks gorgeous.
4. Walk down Main Street (aka, Dronningens Gade) in Charlotte Amalie – there are lots of shops and local restaurants to check out.
5. And finally, relax on the beach and take in views like this one …