Hello my lovely readers 🙂 I’m back, and raring to go! I had a wonderful time in Florida and loved seeing all of my family. I am a little bummed about the weather in Massachusetts right now – highs of 60 degrees and rainy all week – blech. It’s the end of June – shouldn’t it be warmer than this?!
Alright, my ranting is over. Like I said, it’s good to be back. In order to spare you from having to read one of those boring, long, post-vacation posts, I’ll just provide you with some highlights and direct you to the photo slideshow on my blog, which is oh-so-nicely located in the right-hand column underneath the “followers” section. On to the highlights!
- Celebrating my husband’s 28th birthday on Saturday night with his family
- Swimming in the ocean nearly every day
- Going on a private charter cruise and soaking up the sun while sweating out about 5 liters of fluid
- Listening to my MIL try to discuss politics after a few glasses of wine. Oh, Janice, tsk tsk!
- Watching said MIL jump from the catamaran into the middle of the ocean after a few more drinks – so funny! Thankfully, her kids are all excellent swimmers and were on hand in case she started to drift…
- Laying out by the pool every day with a cool, frosty beverage and my husband by my side
- Realizing at the end of the vacation that I had lost 3 pounds 🙂 Yes, I am proud of myself
- Being able to sit and talk with my SIL, Nicki, while waiting for our flights out of RSW (Chris had to leave a day early, so Nicki and I drove the rental car to the airport the following day since our flights were around the same time). I enjoyed being able to chat with her
- Chris winning the Texas Hold ‘Em hotel tournament
- Watching Chris, Michael, and Anna turn flips in the water slide, then go down while holding on to each others ankles… the whole pool area was cracking up
- Just being able to relax and not worry about a thing
That about sums it up! I had a wonderful time and am missing the sun already. I hope that you all have a great week, and don’t forget to check out my slideshow!