Hello, my lovely readers! I hope that you all had a fantabulous New Year’s Eve and are enjoying the start of another year.
It looks like 2010 will be another busy year in our household. I decided to list out our plans for the next several months, just to get an idea of what I was getting in to…
- January: make the drive to Holland, Michigan with my mom to visit my grandmother and her husband
- February: go to Chicago for 4 days with Chris. I invited the in-laws to come along, too, and they said yes. Fun! Chris will be flying out to NY again this month (lucky guy!)
- March: possibly go to Boston for 3-4 days. That one is still up in the air.
- April: last month working at the hospital. Go to St. Thomas starting at the end of this month…
- May: and finish our St. Thomas trip at the beginning of this month. Also visit my parents for a week before our move to NZ
- June: hopefully will have found an apartment at this point and be out of the university-provided housing
- July: make a mini-trip somewhere in New Zealand to acquaint ourselves with our new home
- August: I have know idea what we’ll be doing this month!
- September: try to start a family (yep – that’s right!)
- November: find some Americans in NZ who want to celebrate Thanksgiving (I will have turkey, darn it. I don’t care if it’s not a NZ holiday!)
- December: celebrate our 6 year anniversary!
Wow – the year’s barely begun and already it’s packed. Reading this reminds me of the Bible verse where it talks about how a man may make plans for his life, but only God knows that the future will hold (I”m paraphrasing, of course). I know that God is in control of what our future looks like, and I trust that He’ll be with us regardless of whether or not all of these things come to fruition. Still, it’s nice to think about, and it’s definitely looking like 2010 will be a great, great year. Don’t you agree?
**PS – I am so jealous of my blogging friend Priscilla who got to spend New Year’s Eve in Auckland. Hopefully, that’ll be us next year!**