Here is a list of things that Chris and I have done since we moved into our new home in MA:
1. Unpacked the cars – what a job! We had packed the Bravada and Malibu to the tip-top of their capacity. All of the boxes and things were brought in, and I set up “house” as best I could. We are currently sleeping on a great big air mattress, and have no furniture. I am writing this while lying on the floor. Our furniture won’t arrive till August 8th, I believe 🙁
2. Returned the car dolly to UHaul – this was kind of a creepy trip. The closest site to return the rental was in a town nearby. I hope I’m not offending anyone here, but the parts of the town that we drove through were very run-down, lots of people just standing on the sidewalks or sitting on the pavement. I was glad we didn’t get more than a little lost on this trip.
3. Gone shopping. We have been to Wal-Mart (also creepy), Target, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Shaw’s (grocery store), IKEA, BJs Warehouse, Costco, and Whole Foods. We didn’t buy anything at IKEA – we just wanted to look around. I think it was the biggest store I have ever been in! It is 3 stories tall with a 2 story parking garage. It was amazing. We also didn’t buy anything at BJs or Costco. I had never heard of BJs, but apparently it is pretty similar to Sam’s Club & Costco. We wanted to check both out before deciding on a membership. We have a Sam’s membership, but the closest one is about 45 minutes away 🙁
4. Bought a bike. We did this at Dick’s. I have wanted to get a new bike, since my old one is about 11 years old. So I got a new one! It is very nice and I am now planning to get a bike basket so that I can take Bear on rides with me. I never would have considered this if it weren’t for the fact that I saw a woman riding her bike with a little terrier perched in a basket up front. It was so cute!
5. Ordered clothes for interviews – I have ordered quite a few clothing items over the last few days. I haven’t updated my wardrobe in awhile, and really haven’t needed to since all I did was go to class or wear scrubs for clinicals. I have 2 interviews this week – one at a hospital in MA and 1 in RI. I figured it would probably help if I looked professional 😉