Thanks so much to the lovely Preppy Buckeye for the Kreativ Blogger award. She’s still a little new to the blogging world, so please stop by her site and check her out!
As part of this award, I have to list 7 things about myself of which you might not be aware. That’s going to be a bit hard since I’ve been blogging for awhile, but I’ll try!
- My dad was really strict with us kids when I was growing up. I wasn’t allowed to date till I had graduated from high school. This didn’t mean that I couldn’t go to school dances or things like that, but only in a group and only if the guy and I were “just friends”.
- This may not be all that surprising considering what #1 was, but I’ve only had 3 boyfriends in my life, the last one of which was my husband. I’m still acquaintances with the first 2, and I don’t feel like I missed out on things at all by not dating more. Actually, I wish that I had dated less.
- I took piano lessons for 13 years, but it’s been so long since I’ve played continuously that my skills are pretty rusty. I’m hoping that at some point, I’ll have the time to brush up on those skills.
- When it comes to the car radio, I have ADD. I’m constantly changing the station and it really bugs whoever is in the passenger seat. I try not to do it when a friend is driving with me, but if it’s just Chris, then I’m changing it all the time. The middle finger on my right hand is currently sort-of jammed because I accidentally hit the scan button too hard last Wednesday!
- My fingers and elbows are double-jointed. I can do all sorts of weird things with them.
- I am very, very talkative around people with whom I’m familiar or comfortable. I’m sure this would come as a surprise to some of my slightly more verbal in-laws around whom I’m pretty quiet. Oddly enough, this does not include my MIL.
- I used to be pretty quiet around my MIL until about a year after I was married. At that point, I realized that this woman was going to be in my life for awhile, and if anyone was going to make an effort, it would have to be me. She and my FIL lived 15 hours away and I never saw them, which made family vacations and visits more than just a bit awkward. So I started randomly calling her up about once a month. It was really, really awkward at first and for about 3 years I was the one who called 99% of the time. But now, we’re really close and I consider her a very good friend.
And here’s something you probably already know about: Mrs. Newlywed is having a giveaway!
Head on over and sign up – it ends on Friday, September 25th 🙂